If you were to become incapacitated because of an accident, ill health or old age,
have you thought of drafting a Mandate in Case of Incapacity in order to declare who should take care of you and your belongings?
Notarized Mandate: a clear document that can be personalized to your particular circumstances and needs such as the following:
- Reporting to a third party
- Organ donation clause
- Replacement of an authorized representative
- Different authorized representatives for different classes of possessions
- Adding a Power-of-Attorney to the Mandate
- Conservation of the original document in the Notary’s records, protected from
loss, forgery or destruction
- Automatic registration at the Québec Chamber of Notaries Registry of Mandates
- In the event of probate, no need to find witnesses or demonstrate compliance
with the formalities
- Saving time and money compared to the opening of a protective regime
- Obtaining free and informed consent, with legal advice provided.